Old 05-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Fortune Teller

Default Boxwood

Your boxwoods have the dreaded Marphistes virus. It is caused by the
Marphistes mite. The Marphistes mite mates in the summer and the female
lays her eggs in the fall in the ends of the stems of buxus, pinus,
juniperus and ilex species. The eggs hatch the following spring and the
larvae eat the new growth on the branches.

Go to yor nearest swimming pool supply store and purchase a gallon of
muriatic acid. Also get yourself a 50 foot hose and a hose end sprayer.
Fill the sprayer with the muriatic acid and spray it full strength on
you boxwoods. Be sure to soak them thouroughly. You will see results
within 24 hours, guaranteed! Any left over muriatic acid can be fed to
your dog or cat as a de-wormer. It kills hookworms, roundworms and
bookworms withing 24 hours, guaranteed!

Luca wrote:
I have recently planted 10 boxwood plants in my garden. The plants are
about 1 -1.5 ft tall.

Soon after planting them, I have realized that about half of them have
a bright yellow margin around some of the leaves (only some of the
branches are affected).

A bit of googling left me with more questions than answers. I think
that the problem may be marginal chlorosis, however there seems to be
*a lot* of possible causes for that.

Living in the Vancouver area, I think we can rule out lack of water as
one of them.

thx,
Luca (new to gardening)
zone 6b