Old 17-05-2008, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Soggy compost

"Zaf" wrote in message

Ive got one of those large bin-like composters and have been using it
for vegetable household waste for around 6 months , it has 3 layers
where you have moveable shelves so that once the top layer has got full
you can move it down to the second layer, and so on till the 3rd layer
is ready to use.

BUT...

Mine is a horrible slimy soggy mess, Ive been turning it religiously
every week and only putting in the things that are suggested.

what can I do to improve the situation? HELP!!

if it is still a gluggy mess of partially broken down material then you have
been given some good advice in this thread. If it is a good way decayed
however, dif it out and use it as mulch across your gardens. I have dug out
soggy compost before in late winter/early spring & laid it acorss my garden.
Within a month or 2 if had finished decaying & turned up good stuff.

rob