Old 18-05-2008, 10:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Wilting tomatoes

In article ,
mareita wrote:

I bought two tomato plants last week and gave them a little water every
day except for one day when I stood them in water. That was 5 days ago
and they have been fine but today they are wilting.
I have read that you should only water them 3 or 4 times a week. Have
I done irreperable damage? If not what should I do?

Claire

Oddly enough, overwatering will kill faster than underwatering.

I only water when I see my plants need it. Dry soil or heat wilting.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein