Old 22-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default WOO HOO~

The message
from Pam contains these words:

madgard wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The other day I was in a garden centre where they had made a huge
tiered display of scores pots of hellebores all in flower; it was like
an altar to spring. Another woman and I just stood there drooling in
delight at the wonderful shades from greenish to white to pink and deep
purple, the spotted ones, the double ones....no two were alike.
Mmmmmmmm.

Janet.

DOUBLES?????????????????????? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

maddie

Oh yeah!.......I have a gorgeous smoky pink double flowering hellebore I got
from Heronswood last year - they call it their "Dancing Lady" strain.
Incredible
flower and in full bloom right now. Give me a year or two and we'll
see if it
sets seeds as well as the others and I may have some to share.

On the display stand there was a double which was a lovely creamy
yellow. I watched the other woman pick it up to look closer then put it
back, and had a turn myself; we rearranged a few others, picked out our
favourites and compared them, and didn't buy any :-). 8 UK pounds each,
ouch.

Janet