Old 19-05-2008, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Anywhere else been invaded by sycamore pods?

"Bob H" wrote in message
I can only assume it is due to the long winter and winds we had that my
gardens etc were absolutely covered in the dammed pods. I swept/cleaned up
most of what I could see at the time, but now, several months on, they are
sprouting up everywhere....in my borders, in between cracks in concrete, in
between paving slabs, in gravel, and anywhere else I missed. I have been
constantly picking out the seedlings evertime I go outside when I see them
sprouting.
Is there any quick kill for these seedlings or do I just have to carry on
picking out? Also has anywhere else had a similar problem either now or in
the past?