Old 20-05-2008, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default OT Bats in the belfry

On Tue, 20 May 2008 08:56:06 +0100, Jonathan wrote
(in article
):

[re bats]
snip

I saw on hunting at about three in the afternoon along the river
during the warm spell recently. I have never seen one before dusk
before.

Jonathan, if you find my post titled "OT: bat drinking from pond in daytime"
dated 18th July 2007 (you should be able to find it via Google Groups) you
will see I raised this very question, and David Poole said:

quote I wonder whether this might be Daubenton's Bat, which is notorious
for flying over expanses of water late in the day to feed and drink. It's
not particularly endangered and appears to be one of the few species that are
slowly increasing n numbers. /quote

I looked them up, and it did indeed seem that "our" bat was a Daubenton's
Bat.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening