Old 06-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Harvey R. Stone

Default How to get rid of ivy?

"Tim B" wrote in message
The problem with Roundup is that people like to use the premixed version

in
squirt bottles. That's 1%. Enough to kill grass in the cracks on the
sidewalk but not enough to do what you want done. The agricultural
concentration is, I think, a lot higher than that, but you figure it in
pounds per gallon so I'm not sure of the percentage.

If you just pull it up, it will come back (though the brush-b-gone idea
sounds like it would do the trick).

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

"Starlord

As far as I know, there is only one plant killer that will kill ivy

and
it does
do the job. I've used it in the past to kill off areas of ivy.

..

.

"Ammate X". But I think 2,4 D or triclopyr would work too. I would
*not* spray the whole thing with massive amounts of herbicide. And I
would not waste my time and money using Roundup, cuz it will take
something stronger.

.

Bob

Years ago I used something called Wipe Out. I am trying to get rid of some
ground cover that is taking over everything and have not been able to find
this product(there may be a good reason for this) Anyway, does anyone know
of something like Wipe Out that would kill this stuff?. It is long vines
and with small leaves. Some is variegated.