Old 06-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Chris Savas

Default Best potting mix for dendrobiums?

You didn't say what the current potting medium is for the dendrobium.

All mine are outside except when the weather gets down into the 40's.
Otherwise the are in full morning sun until noon when they are in bright
dayligh. MY potting medium of choice and success is ozmunda. All of my
other plants (epiphytes) are in a mix of tree fern, redwood chips, and sponge
rock. All my plants get watered twice a week and fertilized every other week.
My plants and I are located in east-central Florida.

Regards,
Chris

In article , "Cardigan"
wrote:
Hi everyone! What do you recommend as potting mix for dendrobiums? I
haven't had success with dens in the past (too much water), and I just
bought one today that will need to be repotted as soon as it's done
blooming. Thanks!

Sarah

Take off the sweater to reply.