Old 21-05-2008, 06:25 PM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Today's harvest

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:13:02 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

That is 1/2
of the chard in a 21 quart canner

This is how much chard, and you're doing what with it?

\
Since 1/2 of the chard we picked this morning fit in a 21 quart
canner, the total amount of chard was 42 quarts. By the time is
blanched I have about 24 cups going into the freezer. There is about
8 or so cups that will be sauteed with onion and garlic tonight.

If you don't mind. It sounds like you're pasteurizing and canning,
and then putting the chard in the freezer. Couldn't you just blanche it
(3 - 6 min) and put it into freezer bags?
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars