Old 21-05-2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Planting out

In article ,
AnnaF wrote:

Hi,

I have just bought some young plants (tomatoes, red chilli, sweet
pepper, courgette, french beans) directly from the growers on
www.plantconnection.co.uk, but have a dilemma. We live 1000 foot above
sea level and are facing the incoming atlantic winds.
How much should we delay planting the plants outside as nature up here
seems to be lagging a few weeks behind the valley.

Anna

Can you put up some fencing that will hold plastic sheeting? You can
make a windbreak. We have to do that quite a bit, here in coastal Alaska.

Jan