Old 22-05-2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Planting out

In article ,
says...

Hi,

I have just bought some young plants (tomatoes, red chilli, sweet
pepper, courgette, french beans) directly from the growers on
www.plantconnection.co.uk, but have a dilemma. We live 1000 foot above
sea level and are facing the incoming atlantic winds.
How much should we delay planting the plants outside as nature up here
seems to be lagging a few weeks behind the valley.

If you have neighbours with successful gardens at your altitude, why not
ask them?

They'd know the area, wind, weather, soil and planting times.