Old 22-05-2008, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_172_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_172_] is offline

Default Greenhouse tomato query

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
About 3 weeks ago, I purchased 3 plants from the nursery (all different
varieties) and they started growing quickly, but have hardly grown much in
the last week. I suspect the cold nights. They are planted into the
greenhouse soil.

They're about a foot tall and all 3 have produced approx 4 flowers each.
Should I pinch out the flowers? thanks.

Bertie

No as they will keep flowering as they get taller. You need to pinch out the
side shoots coming out of the leaf joint, unless you have bush varieties

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com