Old 22-05-2008, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adam Lipscombe Adam Lipscombe is offline

Default Strimmer advice needed. (was How to rewind line on to strimmer head?)

Folks

After trying to respool the line god knows how many times I have given up. The Flymo is destined for
freecycle.

Does anyone have any advice for a good quality strimmer that is *easy* to respool with new line?
I don't want to spend more than £100 if possible, and an electric motor will do for my garden.

It needs to get through some fairly serious patches of nettles & docks, and also be able to work up
to the base of stone walls.

I had a look at the Bosch and Ryobi machines and the 1000 watt Ryobi (with blade and line heads)
looks good.

Any advice or recommendation's gratefully received -

Thanks - Adam