Old 22-05-2008, 09:20 PM
gasdoctor gasdoctor is offline
Registered User

Default Cucumbers wilted

Hi,

Ive had an awful spring as regards veggies.

I planted out 3 outdoor cucumbers which had been grown from seed in a greenhouse. I let them acclaimatise for a week or so outside before potting them into a large trough. I put some hozelock water retaing mat in the trough as directed on the pack.

The cucs did well for about a week and looked really healthy.
Then one wilted and now another. No discoloration, compost nice and moist.

I think I either over watered them or they got cold/draught.

Ive grown cucs in same pos (different pots) last year with great success.

Any thoughts so I dont kill off the next batch (from a garden centre )?