Old 23-05-2008, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Question! How do I kill some unwanted grass?

In article ,
wind'n'stone wrote:

You strim it back as close to the ground as possible then apply a
solution of salt and white vinegar. Cover the area in black plastic or
that weed suppressor material.

If you don't mind the chemical route then glycophosphate or I have
heard it suggested bleach will work too.

I find the use of salt or glycophosphate totally reprehensible.
Any organic gardener would. We go to a lot of trouble to build soil and
the thought that someone would poison the soil because they couldn't
wait for the shade from the new deck to kill the grass defies the
imagination. Why not get a sheet of black plastic to cover the area. It
can't be more expensive that these numbskull ideas.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars