Old 23-05-2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Question! How do I kill some unwanted grass?

In article ,

On 2008-05-22 12:38:06 -0400, sirutherford
said:

Im putting decking in my garden and wish to kill off a section of the
grass rather than digging it all up! Does any1 have any tried and
tested ways to Kill grass so it wont grow back?

Roundup.

Hmmm ...

I am a sinner here this newsgroup, someday I hope to become a saint
through some sort of penitence. When I built my deck, I used "Ortho's
Total Kill", my sin. Then I purchased some "Road Tarp" which allows
water to drain and block weed growth, it is thicker than plain landscape
tarp. Landscape tarp may work as well. Plastic will not allow water to
drain trough. Then last but sure, just enough gravel/rocks to cover the
tarp, gravel helps keep the tarp from blowing or moving under the deck.
I find most little critters just do not like living on gravel.

I can just smell those steaks on that new grill on that new deck this
weekend hmmmm ....

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.