Old 23-05-2008, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Digging fork recommendation

"Dave H" wrote in message
Hi All
I have just broken my fork (after 15 years faithfull service)
I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a decent replacement?

it had wider tines than normal (I always called it a digging fork, but it
may be known as a potato fork??)
also a longer handle (I am over 6 feet)

I am sure it was not too expensive when I got it
but I can't replace it directly because I am not sure of its make since
its label has come off

any thoughts?

depending where you broke it, why not get it repaired. My old man has a
garden fork with a steel handle of at least 30 years vintage. He bent the
handle once so got the thing rewelded. A little shorter but still does the
job for him.

rob