Old 24-05-2008, 05:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Sarah Houston Sarah Houston is offline

Default Where can I find mowers that can mow taller?

"Srgnt Billko" wrote :

"Claude Hopper (11) 5. ?" wrote in
message ...
Sarah Houston wrote:
I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set
to cut the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5"
tall?

Who makes something decent in that?

It would not be difficult to make wheel extenders. All you need is 4
pieces of flat metal of a sufficient gauge with holes for the wheel
bolts. Bolt the extenders to the frame and lower the wheel where you
want them. Just don't let the cat or dog run under there while you
are mowing.

--
Claude Hopper

Good thinking - I guess larger wheels might work also on some
machines.

Unfortunately not on this one, they would hit the frame.