Old 06-04-2003, 05:44 AM
willis stanley

Default needle valve recommendations?

OK, I've had a clippard needle valve blow up on me after two weeks of
operation (around 4 psi coming off the regulator). Well, what happened
was it started hemoraging gas and then literally fell apart when I tried
to tighten the connections a bit. Right now I've got the home depot
special rigged up and putting out 1 bubble every 4 seconds or so.
Assuming this won't last (I'm not messing with it so long as it works)
what sort of other needle valve brands are recommended/used out there?
More importantly, if I have to invest in a more expensive needle valve
some time in the future, what would I likely have done wrong to cause
this sort of failure in the clippard?