Old 06-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Hussein M.

Default Shrub ID

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:45:42 +0100, Kay Easton
wrotc:

Someone has mentioned suckers. For some reason we have never had one
sucker from either of our two shrubs.

I knew I should have been clearer - I'm not thinking suckers in the
sense of coming up from the roots feet away from the bush, but the way
the lowest branches have of sagging on to the ground and rooting so that
your original bush eventually has about 5ft square in intimate contact
with the soil.

I call that self layering. A neglected winter jasmine is very adept
at it. However, unlike the scenario you have painted, stems on the J.
n arch down feet away to start a new plant.

Huss

Grow a little garden