Old 06-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Cardigan

Default Best potting mix for dendrobiums?

Talk about answers! Now I just have to decide. :-)

I have two dens, one purchased a month ago and the other purchased earlier
today when I made the mistake of going into Island Orchids "just to look" on
my way home from lunch. (The lies we tell ourselves!) One is in rocks, the
other is in the remains of fir bark - the roots have taken over. All of my
orchids are in a north facing window with supplemental light (full spectrum
bulbs) in Colorado Springs.

I'm not sure I want to go with s/h because dens need to dry out. I'll
probably go with a mix of fir bark, perlite, and small gravel.

Thanks everyone! And Janet, you show that orchid who's boss! :-)

Sarah

Take off the sweater to reply.

"Cardigan" wrote in message
Hi everyone! What do you recommend as potting mix for dendrobiums? I
haven't had success with dens in the past (too much water), and I just
bought one today that will need to be repotted as soon as it's done
blooming. Thanks!