Old 27-05-2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ed Ed is offline

Default Banana Trees

I have 2 dwarf banana trees about 2' tall. Both of them put out new leaves
like crazy. However after only a few days, the leaves crack, and turn
brown/black. Consequently, I am not getting any long-term leaves.

The trees are outside right now. I am in Zone 6a (Kentucky). We have had
lots of mid-70 days, but some nights in the mid to upper 40s. I'm thinking
this might be the problem. In just the past few days, the weather seems to
have stabalized and actually hit the warmer Spring temps. Now we're in to
upper 70 days and mid-60 nights.

Any thoughts?

Captain Ed