Old 27-05-2008, 03:35 AM posted to sci.agriculture,sci.bio.botany,sci.bio.misc
Javier H. Javier H. is offline

Default anyone else have a field solid in clover?? a field entirelyin clover, how to get it and keep it; experiment

On May 26, 1:01*pm, wrote:
Javier H. wrote:
The last year I experiment with bersem clover in my field and in my
clay land find that if is the first time work best if you plow the
land in such way become aerate and inoculate the seed to get nitrogen
from the air that breath the plant. I expect you not have pressure of
grass of other weed that can compete with this seed and win. And you
must expect one rain period that can maintain wet the superficies of
the land for more of tree days .

(Excuse my English)
Javier H. Davila

G.G. N.L. Mexico

Thanks for the information. It led me to arrowhead clover or Berseem
which led me to this website:

http://overton.tamu.edu/clover/cool/species.htm

According to them, white clover is better suited for the colder
climate here
in South Dakota and also white clover reseeds very high.

Tell me Javier, since I have never collected the seeds of clover. Does
clover have
one seed crop per year? When does the seed mature? How will I know the
seed
is mature? And when can I collect and gather the seed?

This clover seed collecting is a new experience for me.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

I don’t know about the seeds, always buy it, you can expriment with
the cut of the clover, if you made it short you can kill them but if
you let them enough long then survive and the roots go deeper in the
land, improving the structure that is one excellent goal to get.

You can find lot of information in the publication -managing cover
crops profitably- made one search of this.

Javier H. Davila
(Excuse my English)
GG NL Mexico