Old 27-05-2008, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob H Bob H is offline

Default Liming and re seeding a lawn

Due to extensive moss coverage, more than 60%, on my front lawn, and
about 50% on the back lawn, I have used both the granule feed/weed and
mosskiller, then a few weeks later I used the soluble mosskiller only
from a watering can.
I have now removed almost all the dead moss, and my plan was to spike
the ground with a fork to aerate it. Then I was going to sprinkle lime
all over both lawns, leave it for a few weeks then dress and re seed
both lawns. The reason for this is because there are a number of bumps
and hollows so it really needs levelled out a bit.
Would this method be ok, and do I need to make sure that ALL the dead
moss is removed before I do anything else?

Thanks