Old 27-05-2008, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Liming and re seeding a lawn

Due to extensive moss coverage, more than 60%, on my front lawn, and
about 50% on the back lawn, I have used both the granule feed/weed and
mosskiller, then a few weeks later I used the soluble mosskiller only
from a watering can.
I have now removed almost all the dead moss, and my plan was to spike
the ground with a fork to aerate it. Then I was going to sprinkle lime
all over both lawns, leave it for a few weeks then dress and re seed
both lawns. The reason for this is because there are a number of bumps
and hollows so it really needs levelled out a bit.
Would this method be ok, and do I need to make sure that ALL the dead
moss is removed before I do anything else?

Thanks
Old 28-05-2008, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob H" wrote in message
Due to extensive moss coverage, more than 60%, on my front lawn, and about
50% on the back lawn, I have used both the granule feed/weed and
mosskiller, then a few weeks later I used the soluble mosskiller only from
a watering can.
I have now removed almost all the dead moss, and my plan was to spike the
ground with a fork to aerate it. Then I was going to sprinkle lime all
over both lawns, leave it for a few weeks then dress and re seed both
lawns. The reason for this is because there are a number of bumps and
hollows so it really needs levelled out a bit.
Would this method be ok, and do I need to make sure that ALL the dead moss
is removed before I do anything else?

Thanks

Reseed and top dress wouldnt bother with liming an annual dose of iron would
be more beneficial

Old 28-05-2008, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

pied piper wrote:

"Bob H" wrote in message
Due to extensive moss coverage, more than 60%, on my front lawn, and
about 50% on the back lawn, I have used both the granule feed/weed and
mosskiller, then a few weeks later I used the soluble mosskiller only
from a watering can.
I have now removed almost all the dead moss, and my plan was to spike
the ground with a fork to aerate it. Then I was going to sprinkle lime
all over both lawns, leave it for a few weeks then dress and re seed
both lawns. The reason for this is because there are a number of bumps
and hollows so it really needs levelled out a bit.
Would this method be ok, and do I need to make sure that ALL the dead
moss is removed before I do anything else?

Thanks

Reseed and top dress wouldnt bother with liming an annual dose of iron
would be more beneficial

So you say re seed before top dressing?
Some places will have an inch or two of dressing, so would it still be ok?
What about any remaing dead moss, is it ok if it was left?
Thanks