Old 06-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default SkipBag

In message , shazzbat
writes

"NWalch" wrote in message
. com...
A four ton skip is area £35 in Sheffield so buying a bag which will
hold 1-2 tones and paying £35 to have it disposed off seem expensive.
I agree with the person who suggested advertising. Are you anywhere
near Sheffield.

Nick

Good grief, are you sure? One of my neighbours (bournemouth area) has just
had a 4 ton (4cu yd) skip delivered, and it's £ 104!

It varies a lot around the country, ISTR Leeds being somewhere in the
middle of these two costs (GBP35 does sound very cheap) skip costs have
gone up I think over the last few years due to the rises in Landfill Tax
and also the charges that LA can make if it is on the roadside.

Referring to the OP, they don't say what material is going in this bag,
or if they have a car. If it's light material such as plant cuttings
then it's possible to put that in an old builders dumpy bag (sounds like
the same thing) and put that in the back of some cars, esp estates,
though ti will also go in the back of Punto IIRC. (plastic dustbins are
also an alternative for this)

For heavier material of that amount I would probably put it in lots of
plastic sacks and then move it myself to the dump, alternatively, stack
the bags in the garden and get a 'man with a truck' to shift the stuff.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: