Old 29-05-2008, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default V. Zengo White

As stupid as it sounds could you find out for me? If you get a second.
Not because I'm on a nomenclature jihad, but because I wonder how this
stuff happens. Sometimes the back story is interesting. For example a
fellow used to swear up and down that Den Peng Seng wasn't the hybrid it
was purported to be. That he was in the nursery the day the nursery
owner said he forgot what the actual cross was and decided it must have
been 'peng seng', slapped the name on it and viola, a bunch of
arbitrarily named plants hit the market.... Now, I have a Den Peng Seng
and it looks like the primary hybrid it supposed to be...so that makes
me wonder...who's right? I also have a Den Emma White only because its
a widely sold, commercially viable, non-registered hybrid. & I have a
Phal Spanish Dancer that was imported without paperwork saying its
really was Spanish Dancer... I dunno. I kinda like those things.
Odd-of-me, I know. Anyway they are 2 very interesting plants and it'd
be a pity not to know what they are (-ish).

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Okay, you two! I'm out here, y'know! I have found neither of them since I
bought them, so they're most likely unregistered. I do know both vendors, so
if it's ever in my interest to track down the lineage maybe it's possible.

Dark side indeed. Harumph! Anyway, if I decide to make up names they will be
far more inventive than these two!

Diana ;o)

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, I'm afraid our Diana's crossed to the dark side. So sad to see a
good girl go bad. Happens in the nicest of families I understand....

Ray B wrote:
I think she's making up the names. There is not a single, registered
vandaceous plant that starts with "zen", and I have no idea what she's
trying to pull with that ascocenda.