Old 30-05-2008, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] morganMPC@googlemail.com is offline

Default Save Jims Allotment

The following story, regarding my Father-in-law is quite a tale.

Please view our website and if like us you feel that Jim deserves to
win this fight please feel welcome to write to us or post a message on
our forum, or sign our petition (links on our website)

Here is a brief resume of the story.

Jim is 76 and an avid gardener, he has been providing fruit, veg and
eggs for family and friends most of his life.

Since the passing away of his beloved wife 2 years ago, Jim has found
comfort in his allotment, spending every day immersed in his only
interest, gardening.

Early last year Jim applied to his parish council for permission to
place a small polly tunnel on his beloved plot, thus enabling him to
bring on seeds early and allow him the luxury of more hours in the
colder months.

The parish council denied his request, At the next PC meeting Jim
questioned about why, they failed to give him an acceptable reason,
Jim pressed for an answer again, the PC chairman stated the reason
being was they dont like poly tunnels and were in fact
blatantly rude to him telling Jim (like a naughty schoolboy) to shut
up sit down or get out.

Now from a planning point of view Jim didnt actually need their
permission, as a 12x13 Polly tunnel is below the minimum size, + a
poly tunnel is a modern day green house and can be as important to
any gardener / allotmenteer as a fork and hoe, it is infact another
tool.

Upon recommendation from the solicitor for the NSALG.Ltd (National
Society of Allotments and Leisure Gardeners) Jim built his plastic
covered green house.

All Jim wanted was to open dialogue, and receive an acceptable reason
for the refusal plus, now combined with an apology from the PC for
the humiliating treatment, of him, in front of others at the meeting.

This has now become a saga of intimidation, bullying, and
contradictions by the parish council and at the last meeting of this
week Jim has been told he must give up his allotment.

Please read Jims story and send your letters or emails in to support
him, we desperately need help to crush these bullies.

We are in the process of building a website displaying the full truth
behind this unhappy story, it contains evidence and correspondence to
date, and if the full truth be known it will show this PC to be
nothing more than dictators who relish their power on others, why?
Because they can.

See The TV interview here http://www.itvlocal.com/westcountry/news/?
player=WCT_News_15&void=188799

Then Read the truth here