Old 30-05-2008, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Save Jims Allotment

On 30/5/08 10:52, in article , "Pete
Stockdale" wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Don't know who put the website together for you but it has a lot of
mistakes including spelling and the pictures don't come up. i think you'd
get more support if people could see the actual structure etc. and also
read the story on the front page.

I think it is more the case that if you saw the actual structure - any
support would melt away !

Sceptical about the whole "sad" story.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

I'd hate to think of someone of 76 being chucked off their allotment, so I
really hope it doesn't come to that. But what is going to be difficult to
argue against is that he signed up to abide by the rules of that particular
allotment society. ;-( I'm assuming the PC think that if they allow one
person to have a plastic tunnel, everyone will be entitled to one and
they're not the prettiest things to see if you happen to overlook them.
Perhaps allotmenteers here will tell us what they're allowed to do on their
plots. I'll have to go and have a look at our local allotments but I don't
think there are any tunnels or glasshouses there, though there are some
sheds. BTW, I can't open the second row of photos, which includes one of
the tunnel.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk