Old 31-05-2008, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
keith kent keith kent is offline

Default Joe Swift

"keith kent" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"keith kent" wrote
i think Joe will keep the plot, i find the best experience you can get
is by trying something for yourself and other growers, Joe is doing
this. And he is providing real practical advise .

It is interesting but practical advise, from a learner? Only from his
mistakes.

I have not felt this at all so i do not know where you have ? If
anything he has had a bit of stick from a boring old fart who is stuck
in his ways and can only grow in rows .

Pehaps that guy knows what he's doing and grows in rows for very good
reasons. We would need to see his crops to see if he knows his stuff
though.

I find it more frustrating when you cannot relate to a program, i.e
makeover programs when they use loads of mature plants that most cannot
compete with or gardens that are that huge it makes you pig sick with
envy .

Monty has covered loads about veg growing so think Joe`s project should
inspire and help many people.Veg growing is possibly the easiest, most
veg you just chuck the seed in and away you grow.

Easiest, really!? That is not my experience of veg growing.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

My point is Bob is that veg will grow in any size and shape of plot well
enough to supply most with enough green stuff to make them sick of the
site of it by the end of summer.I find that veg is easy to grow, most
things grow, if they don`t then sow again or try something else.
Veg growing is not rocket science and this is what i will miss about Monty
he promoted anyone to give it a go in any situation.

Keith

Forgot to add i think he does give practical advise, he has shown how to
create beds, so seed ,buy and put up a second hand shed,onion
sets,garlic,brassicas ,peas this is naming a few.