Old 31-05-2008, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default When Nothing But Blue Will Do - 20083021.jpg

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.

Yes. And the shot of individual flowers makes one look harder and appreciate
more.

One of my favourite sights was a field full of flax, a son dragged me to
look at it. I had no idea he had any idea of such beauty!

Mary