Old 31-05-2008, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
scullsterhome scullsterhome is offline

Default Ornithology and Gardening

"Sacha" wrote

Yes of course it will. Think of it as your home and how you'd feel if
someone came at it with a chainsaw. In any case, it's kinder to the tree
wait until the autumn/winter to do that job.

Actually someone did try to shake us out of our house recently; but we
decided to stay - think it was termed an earthquake at the time .

2 How long will it take for the eggs to hatch and the babies to flee the
nest if I decide to wait?

Not at all sure but two to three weeks at a guess. I'd look on the RSPB
site if I were you.

OK I'll give RSPB a look

3 Is it likely I will have scared it off anyway having put a ladder up
directly below the box and peered in?

As long as you left the area and took the ladder away fairly swiftly, it
should be fine.

--

Rapid careful retreat once I knew bird was in residence.

Phil