Old 06-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Dwayne

Default tulip bulbs in the fridge?

I have always planted my bulbs without refrigeration. I never even heard
that they should be refrigerated. I know some plants/seeds (in fact most of
them) need some "chill" hours for them to do well, but I am in an area that
provides them while they are in the ground. How cold does it get there?

Good luck and have fun. Dwayne

"Barbara" wrote in message
Dianne van Dulken wrote:
Hi,

My mother claims that to get your tulips to germinate properly, you
should put your bulbs in the fridge for at least 6 weeks before
planting. Has anyone else heard of this? Is it complete ********?

I've got mine in the fridge at the moment, but they have only been
there for about 3 days, and they are taking up valuable room. Should
I just ignore her?

No