Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
keith kent keith kent is offline

Default Joe Swift

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
On 30/05/08 18:16, keith kent wrote:

Veg growing is possibly the easiest, most veg you just chuck the seed in
and away you grow.

You mean there is no need to dig over and prepare the ground first with
manure/compost/lime or to water, to hoe, to feed, to support large
plants, to thin out overcrowded seedlings, to protect your crops from
predators or frost/wind/sun etc etc?

Yikes!! We're all doing it wrong then on my allotment site; even the guys
with lifetimes of experience!!

Ed
You are taking my quote literally,

Maybe you are letting it get to you when it should be a enjoyable
experience.All of the points above i find easy and enjoyable after all it is
gardening.
Maybe you are taken too much on.You cannot beat the no dig raised beds,like
Joes.
Once the preperation is done they almost look after themselves, apart from
weeding & some added compost once a year .

And i would say only grow what you will & can eat, i went the full hog one
year and turned 50ft x 18ft of my garden into a veg patch but i had
tooooooooo much and most veg went to waste.
I suppose i fell in love with the idea more than the reality.

Regards Keith