Old 01-06-2008, 02:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

Default Who's lurking out there?

Thanks for the tip Diana - I'll send them an email shortly!

Thanks again,

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
You might enjoy Martin Motes' monthly newsletter on line. If you email him
and ask to be put on the list, you'll get it automatically.

Martin and Mary Motes
E-mail Address(es):

Between him and Robert Fuchs, there are no better authorities on
Vandaceous culture, IMO.

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
Still waiting on the Vanda's to even spike; have a couple of Catts
blooming right now. I read the R.F. Orchids Vanda culture and am using
their method to fertilize the Vandas and even the reed-stem Epi's. Seems
like everything I grow, from orchids to what-ever plants are three months
behind everyone else's! I tried one Phal in SH, but it finally died last
month; I have six remaining Phals, four in bloom and two spiking. The
Phal's are in sphagnum so I repotted to translucent pots to keep an eye
on the roots. Went to the Redlands Orchid Festival - only bought three
orchids, two Phals and a Miltoniopsis (don't even think about asking me
to say that word...the "M" word...), wish I woud've bought more, but
there's always next year! Also have six slipper orchids, one Phrag and
five Paphs, Den's and Oncidium alliance, Cym's and Phaius'.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Port St. Lucie here. 250 +/- orchids. Lots of Vandas in bloom at the
moment, and the Catts are coming on strong! We mostly use Aliflor for
the Cattleya alliance, and also now for Phals. It was amazing to see the
roots take off when we switched the Phals to Aliflor. Of course, we give
them more water now, and there are some that just don't like it, so they
went back into a more water retentive medium. But those are few.

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl.
Have about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my
orchids are in SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and
vandas.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a
voyeur? Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out
of hiding. We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Me! lol!

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Seeing a post from Kye reminded me that we haven't asked the
lurkers to come clean for a long time.

Who's out there? Come on out and say hello!

Diana ;o)