Old 31-05-2008, 07:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Who's lurking out there?

Seeing a post from Kye reminded me that we haven't asked the lurkers to come
clean for a long time.

Who's out there? Come on out and say hello!

Diana ;o)

Old 31-05-2008, 10:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a voyeur?
Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out of hiding.
We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

. ..

Old 31-05-2008, 11:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl. Have
about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my orchids are in
SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and vandas.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a voyeur?
Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out of hiding.
We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

. ..

Old 31-05-2008, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Port St. Lucie here. 250 +/- orchids. Lots of Vandas in bloom at the moment,
and the Catts are coming on strong! We mostly use Aliflor for the Cattleya
alliance, and also now for Phals. It was amazing to see the roots take off
when we switched the Phals to Aliflor. Of course, we give them more water
now, and there are some that just don't like it, so they went back into a
more water retentive medium. But those are few.

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl. Have
about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my orchids are in
SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and vandas.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a voyeur?
Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out of hiding.
We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

. ..

Old 31-05-2008, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

Still waiting on the Vanda's to even spike; have a couple of Catts blooming
right now. I read the R.F. Orchids Vanda culture and am using their method
to fertilize the Vandas and even the reed-stem Epi's. Seems like everything
I grow, from orchids to what-ever plants are three months behind everyone
else's! I tried one Phal in SH, but it finally died last month; I have six
remaining Phals, four in bloom and two spiking. The Phal's are in sphagnum
so I repotted to translucent pots to keep an eye on the roots. Went to the
Redlands Orchid Festival - only bought three orchids, two Phals and a
Miltoniopsis (don't even think about asking me to say that word...the "M"
word...), wish I woud've bought more, but there's always next year! Also
have six slipper orchids, one Phrag and five Paphs, Den's and Oncidium
alliance, Cym's and Phaius'.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Port St. Lucie here. 250 +/- orchids. Lots of Vandas in bloom at the
moment, and the Catts are coming on strong! We mostly use Aliflor for the
Cattleya alliance, and also now for Phals. It was amazing to see the roots
take off when we switched the Phals to Aliflor. Of course, we give them
more water now, and there are some that just don't like it, so they went
back into a more water retentive medium. But those are few.

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl.
Have about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my orchids
are in SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and vandas.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a voyeur?
Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out of
hiding. We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

. ..

Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Faz Faz is offline

Chuck is lurking out there and posts a few times. Hello.....I have about 12
plants only as I am green around the ears. I have 6 cymbidiums, 4 phals, 1
dendrobium, and 1 oncidium. I hail from the north-west of Canada where the
weather is temperate and moist like Seattle. I just posted on
rec.gardens.orchids asking for pictures of greenhouses as I assume you guys
with many plants are into it extensively. All my plants are window plants at
the moment.

Regards...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You might enjoy Martin Motes' monthly newsletter on line. If you email him
and ask to be put on the list, you'll get it automatically.

Martin and Mary Motes
E-mail Address(es):

Between him and Robert Fuchs, there are no better authorities on Vandaceous
culture, IMO.

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl.
Have about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my orchids
are in SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and vandas.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a
voyeur? Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out
of hiding. We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

. ..

Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

In article ,
"Tim" wrote:

I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl. Have
about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my orchids are in
SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and vandas.

Tim

-waving arms-

we want pictuuuures--!

--j_a
Old 01-06-2008, 02:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

Thanks for the tip Diana - I'll send them an email shortly!

Thanks again,

Tim

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
I've been lurking for I don't no how long. Live in Tallahassee, Fl.
Have about ninety orchids, mainly cattleya alliance. Most of my
orchids are in SH, staylite and dyna rock, except for epidendrums and
vandas.

Tim

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
So tell us about you! Do you grow orchids, or are you strictly a
voyeur? Last time we did a lurk thread we had loads of people come out
of hiding. We'll see what happens this weekend.

It's fun, and we are harmless, as you no doubt have determined!

Diana

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry 'bout the double post - flakey wireless connection today!

Tim

. ..

Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

I'll try and post some pics later today! Have a Blc. Keowee that has opened
two more buds that I want to get some pics of.

Tim

Old 01-06-2008, 04:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hello!

Haven't had anything to post and no problems - knock on wood! This is one of
the best places to learn about orchids.

The Oklahoma Orchid Society is having a sale on June 7 so my collection -
about 75 - should grow a little more if I find anything that catches my eye.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Seeing a post from Kye reminded me that we haven't asked the lurkers to
come clean for a long time.

Who's out there? Come on out and say hello!

Diana ;o)

Rate This Thread: