Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Please identify this beautiful tree

On 1/6/08 21:22, in article , "hedge"
wrote:

Hi all

I have seen this beautiful tree many times this Spring and love the
flowers. They smell very fresh and powdery.

It has red and green leaves and has strings of small creamy-white
flower that tend to bunch. They can grow quite tall and from what I
have seen, they seem to be dense trees. Thanx.

I hope you can see this image:

[image:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2j0jype.jpg]

Do a Google image search on Pieris japonica. If I'm right, that looks like
a well-established and very happy specimen.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk