Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Faz Faz is offline

Default KBs Greenhouse pic for Faz ( rgo)

K Barrett - Many thanks for sharing. You guys have great ideas and you are
making this old guy do a lot of drooling. (Not from age). My house faces
south and the only space I could do something like this is on the east wall.
Not the ideal location, but better than windowsills as I am doing now. Great
g/h and thanks again for sharing.
Regards,
Chuck.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
news
Here's the GH I built about 10yrs ago. Maybe 12... anyway its made from
pressure treated lumber painted exterior glossy white so it'll be
somewehat washable. The foundation is pressure treated 4x6's. The siding
is what I call a 'demi-wall' - so its not 'glass to ground' - its
insulated with that thick styrofoam board insulation (caulked with
silicon)and 1/2" plywood grooved siding on the outside. The ploycarbonate
is 8mm twinwall on the walls and 12mm (16?? I can't remember) triplewall
on the roof. The height is 11 ft at the roofbeam. Its 8.5 ft wide and
about 30 long. Actually its 2 15' Ghs sharing a wall. I built one @ 15',
then extended it another 15'.