Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default PondMaster pumps

Slick Willy wrote:

I just bought a new fountain pump, a PondMaster 12. I was really
surprised by the weight, it must weigh twice as much as my Laguna
2900, but it only has half the flow. I suspect this is a good thing
based on my experience with the Laguna pumps.

Does anyone have any experience with the longevity of the PondMaster
pumps?

I only have experience with the PondMaster AP-40 air pump. My first one
lasted 3 years and then stopped pumping even though the motor was still
running. The second one stopped pumping after a couple months. I
called Danner Mfg, the manufacturer of PondMaster pumps and they sent me
kits to rebuild both of them. My plan is to have one running and one as
a backup. The rebuilding kit cost $10 and a new pump is $100.
Apparently the rebuilding kits should last about 3 years. I let it run
all year long.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6