Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Henry & Carolyn Henry & Carolyn is offline

Default spawning

How many days do they keep going at it? I'm afraid they are gonna kill
themselves from exhaustion!!

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"Henry & Carolyn" wrote in message
netkent...
I think I saw my koi and goldfish spawning this morning. A lot of tail
flipping near the surface. The last few mornings the pond has been covered
with white foam and looks almost oily. Would that be from the spawning?
Water feels and smells ok, so I don't think it is anything unnatural.
Carolyn

It sure sounds like they spawned. Our koi spawned about a week ago and the
goldfish a few weeks before the koi.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.