Old 04-06-2008, 01:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default My courgette seedlings eaten alive!

In article , "Robert
(Plymouth)" writes

"Tim W" wrote in message
news
Returned from a brief trip to find my courgettes (which were probably late
anyway) destroyed. Is it too late to sow more? I know I can always plant
some and see but really it is the space - is it worth keeping the space
clear for them? I could use it for something else but courgettes is what i
want.

TIA
Tim w

No not too late, as you say they'll just be later. Why not sow them in pots
of compost and transplant them to ensure they get going properly?

All my Italian seeds ball type courgettes never germinated at all!
Didn't get large enough to be eaten by anything
I'm germinating some ordinary bush courgette varieties instead. No harm
in being late, most things sort of catch up especially in this weather!!
Start them off in pots in greenhouse to get them going.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph