Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
p-nut p-nut is offline

Default Tomato Planting

Oklahoma Tomcat blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

We live in an area with a long growing season our last frost in late
April & first frost in November. We planted a portion of our garden
right before the heavy spring rains hit nad they drowned the garden
seeds. The soil is only recently been dry enough to work and plant
again. I have only tomato seeds and cannot at this time buy tomato
plants to get a jumpstart. Is it too late to plant the tomato seeds?
If I do plant them, what precautions should I take to help the plants
grow well. We have to grow organically due to health reasons so
non-organic products (i.e. fertilizers) cannot be used.

Thanks in advance,
Joe & Paula Jones

Why not go to a local greenhouse or lawn center and get 1or2 already started.
I picked up two Bonnie plants recently for $7 (hybrid Bigger Boy's)