Old 04-06-2008, 02:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Henry & Carolyn Henry & Carolyn is offline

Default spawning

We did do a partial water change by emptying our rain barrels. Plus we have
had rain lately. There isn't a whole lot of cover for the babies because we
just redid the pond this spring. The pond is filled with rocks so I am
thinking there will be crevices for them to hide. Can't wait to see what we
get!

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:19:52 EDT, "Henry & Carolyn"
wrote:

I think I saw my koi and goldfish spawning this morning. A lot of tail
flipping near the surface. The last few mornings the pond has been covered
with white foam and looks almost oily. Would that be from the spawning?
Water feels and smells ok, so I don't think it is anything unnatural.
Carolyn

Always a good time to do a water change out.... 10% if you've done one
within the week, 20% if longer. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us