Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default What eats radish roots and sunflower leaves?

I have radishes and sunflowers growing together. The sunflowers are about 6"
tall. Something is devouring the radish root where it grows above the soil,
and also something is devouring the sunflower leaves. I've not seen any
insect pests. The weather has been wet and cool. My first guess is slugs,
since we have plenty of them here, and the weather is wet and cool. Will
slugs eat sunflower leaves?

And a romp through google land has not given me any clear ideas about how to
control slugs. copper...chemicals...egg shells...garlic...shrug. Anyone
here have some practical experience - something that works - that they would
care to share?