Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
grimm grimm is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootal[_3_] View Post
I have radishes and sunflowers growing together. The sunflowers are about 6"
tall. Something is devouring the radish root where it grows above the soil,
and also something is devouring the sunflower leaves.

And a romp through google land has not given me any clear ideas about how to
control slugs. copper...chemicals...egg shells...garlic...shrug.
Morning Zoo,

My first guess would be slugs but I've also had problems with mice in my poly-tunnel, although they can't reach your sunflower leaves... Check for nibble marks

Also check for little black eggs under and at the base of the leaves, could be caterpillars.

Slug pellets? You can buy them in every gardening shop in the country. If you've got kids and dogs around, try and get the non-toxic ones though as they look like little blue sprinkles . They're pricey enough but they do the job.

G.