Old 06-06-2008, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default What to do after new potatoes are lifted?

I currently have one of my beds on the allotment growing new (early)
potatoes which I expect to harvest beginning the end of June and
throughout July. Next season, this bed will be given over to onions and
root groups as part of my crop rotation plan.

So from August onwards, when all the early potatoes are dug out, should
I just leave this bed fallow until next season (apart from weeding) or
is there anything useful I should be doing with it in the intervening
period?

This is my first year on the allotment, so any advice from experienced
vegetable growers would be very much appreciated.

Ed