Old 07-06-2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
jellybean stonerfish jellybean stonerfish is offline

Default Roundup - how far travel?

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:49:45 -0500, Dioclese wrote:

You can't kill it, and it
never/ever stops. So-called weeds are wooses compared to the venerable
bermuda grass. The bad drought in central Texas 2 years ago didn't
phase my Sahara version, laid dormant waiting for the first decent
moisture to arrive. And, was first to rise from the dead.

I hate bermuda grass. I tried your technique before, turning the soil
and removing all pieces. Then repeat. Over and over. But like you
said, it comes back at the first sign of water. I found when digging a
hole that the roots go down 2 feet or more. I wonder if I will ever
win. It is the one thing I hate about my garden.

stonerfish