Old 06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Camelias

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 01:28:12 +0000 (UTC), "Rachael Reynolds"
wrote:

Is there a good time to move a Camelia Donation. Its been here for more
than 11 years but is still very small. Wouldn after it has finished
flowering be good and could I keep it in a pot?

Thanks very much
Rachael

Why do you want to move it? Is it because you think it will do better
somewhere else, or is there another reason? Camellias can be grown in
tubs (pots are a bit small; I wouldn't put one into anything less than
24 inches in diameter if it's to be permanent), but unless you take
really good care of them (especially plentiful watering in summer),
they don't usually thrive. Have you ever fed or mulched it? If not,
see my reply to Peter Donovan.

--
Chris