Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Please help if you can recognise these plants 1/3

On Jun 8, 11:10*am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Hibiscus
writes

Filename: DSCN7354.JPG

|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9306|

Possibly kidney vetch (Anthyllis vulnaria).

|Filename: DSCN9496.JPG
|

|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9307|

Pelargonium, probably P. x hortorum

|Filename: DSCN9506.JPG
|

|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9308|

Not sure, but it might be an Alstroemeria

|Filename: DSCN9733.JPG
|

|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9309|

A crucifer related to Brassica. Might even be cabbage (Brassica
oleraceus), but yellow-flowered crucifers are difficult.

|Filename: DSCN9951.JPG
|

|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9310|

An umbellifer. I'd like to see the foliage, as that helps distinguish
them, but that one looks like a hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium).

Stewart Robert Hinsley

snap for all except one which I could not spot:
Alstroemeria looks right; it is funny how hard it is to tell when the
flowers are so enlarged. Also got my common names for umbellifers
back to front.