Old 09-06-2008, 03:37 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Sean Houtman Sean Houtman is offline

Default Identification-request

Cornelius Drautz wrote in
:

Sean Houtman wrote:

I have grown bromeliads in the past, the type that you have are easy
to grow. I would wait a while, when the new growth has roots, you can
tear it off the mother plant. Pot it into new soil of the type that
you are getting success with the original one, water it normally, and
keep water in the bucket part. Bromeliads get most of their water
from within their leafy bucket, and not so much from their roots.

Thank you for your response. It might be a stupid question, but how do
I know if the offsprings have grown roots _before_ I tear them off the
mother plant?

Cornelius

You will be able to see the roots coming out of the base of them. The
pictures you posted didn't seem to have any on the larger growths yet.

Sean